Saturday, March 2, 2013

Spring is Nice And All But How About A Little Snow?

It seems as though spring is ready to burst forth from the earth.  Green stalks have already shot up through the soil in my backyard and the first hardy daffodils have staked their claim in the sunny sections of the neighborhood.  There's been a lot of chatter amongst the birds- if I had to guess I'd say they've been talking about the lack of snow this winter. 

Yes, the subtle signs of spring are a welcome diversion from the monotony of winter.  Even so, I wouldn't mind too much if that snowstorm everyone has been talking about made a direct hit on the nation's capital.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I too wrote about the exact same topic today... I think I miss the charm of winter by spending the whole te dreaming of summer. However we most definitely don't have a lack of snow this year!! Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed - i'm with you, a snow day would be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete