Saturday, March 23, 2013

Slow and Steady

When I packed things up at work yesterday I also took two rather large piles of papers that needed grading.  Since it's the end of the quarter I had a few rewrites to go through as well a large pile of essays that the students just finished.

Certainly all this work has the potential to mess with my plans for a restful, whatever, whenever, wherever spring break.  I've walked by the piles of work all day today.  Since they have taken up residence on my dining room table I even had to push them to the side earlier this evening when I sat down to eat dinner.

Tomorrow I'll split my two piles into 5 smaller ones and set myself up for getting through the work a little at a time. 

Here's hoping slow and steady really does win this race.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have found a way to make this do-able. You can do a little each day, knowing that you will have the rest of the day to do the important work of rejuvenating for the work that will soon come around again. You will accomplish what you need to for your work and your peace of mind. Win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Not a fun way to spend your Spring Break, but by doing a little each day, you will get it done. I usually start out that way, but then end up grading like mad on Sunday before school on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chris. This sounds like a really smart way to get the papers graded. They won't hang over your head until the last day of break, tainting your vacation with thoughts of not getting done. Instead, you'll do a little each day and then be done until the next day! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire teachers like you who are so organized! I just said in a meeting yesterday that I would much rather lesson plan than correct papers any given day! Too bad I don't have that option:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have papers to grade this spring break, but I have planning to do. I hope to spread it out a little each day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small steps will get you there. And if it doesn't, don't forget about the teacher work day.

    ReplyDelete