Friday, March 22, 2013

Whatever, Wherever, Whenever

I grinned as I shut off my alarm this morning.  Even though an entire day of whatever might happen in 6th grade was yet to come, I could smile knowing that come Monday I would not be bothered with the sound of an alarm.

Time.  It's the thing that everyone talks about wanting more of.  Really, I have enough time; we all have the same 24 hours each day.  What I'm looking for is down time.  I want to string together seconds, minutes and hours and fill them with nothing in particular.  I want to enjoy the feeling of being wherever I happen to be without the feeling that I should be somewhere else, doing something else.  Thankfully, I will do just that next week.

I will be wherever I want to be at any given moment.  And if in that moment I decide I want to be somewhere else doing something else, I'll do that. 

Yes, that's what I call Spring Break.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your whatever, wherever, whenever Spring break. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of all the spring breakers...non here to speak of. Next Friday and the following Monday, and those will be spent in a car traveling to and from Wyoming for me. Enjoy your time. You have earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely view on time. Your writing is exquisite. "I want to string together seconds, minutes and hours and fill them with nothing in particular. I want to enjoy the feeling of being wherever I happen to be without the feeling that I should be somewhere else, doing something else." Enjoy your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you see the gift of time that is before you. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely feel the same way, Mary. Your words are perfect. Happy Whenever, Whatever, Wherever...

    ReplyDelete