Wednesday, March 8, 2023

A Slow Ticking Clock

This afternoon I listened to my body. After a department meeting, I trudged to my car at about 3:30 and headed straight home. There was no stopping for groceries, exercise, or anything else. 

I was focused on only one thing. Rest. My back and body were achy and my brain was tired- it had done enough for the day. I put on the softest sweatpants I could find, set up the ice machine for my swollen knee, and took care of me.

I have always said that returning to school at the summer's end is like laying on the couch for a few months and then suddenly jumping up to run a marathon. Returning after knee replacement is pretty much the same. The only difference is that the marathon is run with a noticeable limp.

No worries though- "time heals all wounds."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure getting back to work is a rude awakening for a brand new knee! I can so relate to finding the coziest sweatpants for after school comfort.

    ReplyDelete