Monday, March 13, 2023

Mouse

There was a little brown mouse scurrying around my classroom this afternoon. Mouse, as I now call him, was kind enough to stay hidden during all of my classes. So at least I didn't have to deal with screaming 12-year-olds while trying to catch, or run from, a mouse.

On the bright side, Mouse's appearance was only about 10 minutes before I was to walk out the door. I wouldn't have to sit at my desk wondering if he would be scurrying around my chair or trying to get into my backpack which lay on the floor. I stomped my feet as I approached the desk and yelled, "Get out Mouse! Get out Mouse!"

My compliant guest listened and scurried behind the bookcase near my workspace. I packed up my things and did my own scurrying out the door.

Tonight I hope he finds an old Jolly Rancher to nibble on-a green one maybe. Here's hoping that something sour and sweet will be enough to cause a rumble in his tummy. The kind of rumble that will make him pause and consider whether or not my classroom really is the best place to set up camp. After all, there are lots of nibbles to be had in my school. If he tries really hard he could find the cafeteria that is only about 20 yards away.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Mouse will move out as soon as the weather warms up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My compliant guest indeed! Love that you both scurried away - :)

    ReplyDelete