Thursday, March 16, 2023

It's a Good Day

My lesson plan was kind of light today. With an assembly pushing into 1st period, I decided not to teach anything new. Students were at different stages of completing plot charts based on two different short films. Many had some online grammar assignments to complete. It was hard to know where each class was so I added a Nearpod introduction to the four types of conflict that my friend and colleague shared with me.

After yesterday's frustration, it was a lovely day. Kids scattered around the room to view the short films. They discussed things like inciting events, what characters wanted, and the always difficult-to-identify climax of each movie. They worked together and then on their own. It was easy for me to check in and see where students were having difficulty.

As they finished their work on plot, some caught up on those grammar assignments, and others worked in pairs or small groups to solve a crossword puzzle from the supply I keep in the back of the room.

Today was the kind of day that I appreciate. I look forward to repeating it tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Every day should be so "light." It sounds like it was good for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when you have that kind of day. I really appreciate the independence that student seem to have here, as well. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were smart to give the kids a breather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to call these catch-up and pickles day. When you "catch up", you can "pick" what you want to do next. Sometimes we--teachers and students--need those kinds of days.

    ReplyDelete