Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Changing Seasons

It's the in-between time. Winds are howling today as tree limbs bend, unable to withstand the strong gusts that attack them. The temperature is much lower than I'd like it to be. Gloves weather is too cold for the date that falls just shy of a week from the spring equinox. Thanks to the manipulation of time the light stays with us for longer.

This shoulder week between the two seasons has me wanting to wrap up in a blanket by a warm fire but also thinking about throwing on my tennis shoes to get out for a long walk. Honestly, as long as the wind keeps kicking up I think this couch is the best place to be. My body is leaning into the pillow and blanket underneath me. Then my little gray and white cat tilts her head a bit as if to say, "are we napping?" 

No, Alice, we aren't napping but we are definitely relaxing. Jump on up and find your spot.

2 comments:

  1. "Shoulder season" says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to think of this as between two seasons. March is always a difficult month - often too cold, and yet daffodils and crocuses are poking through, ready for the next season. Those cats sure do love to nap and/or relax with us.

    ReplyDelete