Friday, March 10, 2023

Free Time!

A cold rain fell as I walked to my car this afternoon. Even so, the weather wasn't going to dampen my spirits. The weekend was here!

If all goes well I'll sleep past 7:00 AM and enjoy those extra moments with a second, or third cup of coffee and my usual morning word games. With nothing but time on Saturday I'll catch up on all that needs catching up on- laundry, groceries, and cleaning (oh my!).

There will be time for some fun too. A friend and I have planned a movie-watching night which will no doubt include some good food and conversation.

With any luck, the sun will find its way from behind the clouds at some point just enough to allow for some quality outside time. 

Sunday will arrive with one less hour, but I'm determined not to let that get the best of me. You see,  my homeroom and I will be waging a contest come Monday morning to see who can pretend to be the perkiest in the room. It won't be easy since the sun will have only been up for about 20 minutes when we greet each other.

Is there anything better than the gift of free time?

5 comments:

  1. Free time is a gift, indeed. Your post has me making a list--movies, sleep, conversation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pshaw on DST! This post makes me remember that it’s not the hours in your life, it’s the life in your hours. Have a great weekend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free time is the ultimate gift! I love it when I have extra time on my hands with no demands on it.

    I can't believe I lose an hour of sleep tonight. YUCK! However, it'll be lovely to have the sun setting at 7 p.m. so I won't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the line and image of "pretending to be the perkiest!" Such a wonderful way to help kids think about this -

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, there is nothing better! Hope you found some sunshine this weekend. - Enid

    ReplyDelete