Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Bon Appetite!

Three after-school commitments and a stop at the pharmacy means this girl didn't get home from work until 7:30. I was welcomed by the urgent cries of two cats who demanded an explanation. Why? Why had I missed the usual 5:00 pm feeding time?

I hear ya, fellas! As I left my last appointment on the way to pick up some prescriptions I started to consider what I'd be eating myself. I was way past hungry and almost to the point of McDonald's drive-thru. I couldn't bring myself to go to McDonald's so I chose the somewhat healthier option of cereal for dinner. After all, I was going by the grocery store anyway and it could be in a bowl and ready for me to eat within about 3 minutes of walking in the door. (Three minutes saved to feed those demanding cats.)

I haven't had cereal in the house in about 3 years- it's one of those carb-heavy things I cut out of my life when I dabbled in the Keto diet during the early days of the pandemic. I chose wisely tonight and grabbed a box of Raisin Bran and a small container of fat-free milk.  

From the first spoonful to the last, it was a delight! I know better than to bring cereal back on a regular basis but every now and then it sure makes for a nice, quick meal.


1 comment: