Sunday, March 19, 2023

Rankings, Team Names, and Tip-Off Oh My

After four days of March Madness, I find myself in next to last place in the family bracket pool. Fortunately, I don't have much of a competitive side and this bracket is really on for bragging rights. There are no cash prizes for the winner.

Trying to determine which team will win 32 different basketball games is as tricky as it sounds. If one chosen team fails to fulfill its perceived destiny your completed bracket starts to bleed. As I look at my bracket on the CBS Sports website I see red everywhere- signifying my losses. It's Sunday night and my head is spinning with team names, rankings, and tip-off times.

My sister told me she and my mom both had headaches last night. She was talking with my mom about the cause of those headaches and they came up with the same answer.

They'd watched too much basketball.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary. I like how you described how the bracket starts to "bleed" if a team fails to "fulfill its perceived destiny." A combination of our TV and my husband's phone has been blaring with buzzers, crowds, and announcers. My husband watches and fills me in on details, upsets, rankings. He doesn't set up brackets anymore, but he sure does enjoy watching the games. As we speak, Michigan just beat Marquette. May the best team win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I’m lucky I’m taking a break from the action this year! Fingers crossed for your come from behind victory in the family pool!

    ReplyDelete