Monday, March 20, 2023

Finally!

It took me about three years to realize the new bed I had purchased was not for me. Shortly after buying the bed, I began to have back problems. I was seeing my chiropractor on a bi-weekly basis just so she could straighten out my twisted spine and work on the muscles that were inflamed in my back. I went to several doctors and the first thing they asked was always, "do you need a new bed?"

My reply was always the same, "I just bought a new bed!"

The back issues continued. Last fall things really came to a head when I found myself so out of whack that I could hardly move. My back muscles were angry and spasming. Whenever I woke up in the morning my sheets were twisted around and pillows were kicked to the floor. I was a Class-A restless sleeper.

Finally, I decided to start sleeping on my old mattress to see if that helped. Honestly, it did until a friend suggested I try a memory foam topper. That suggestion sidelined me yet again but allowed me to realize it was the memory foam that was taking me down. My bed was firm but the memory foam had apparently lost its memory and I found myself sinking into the mattress each night as I twisted my body to roll over.

I feel foolish that it took so long to figure the problem out.

I hit up the local Mattress Firm for a new bed a few months ago and was determined to get the firmest mattress available. Turns out that isn't always great for the shoulders as I found them to be sort of numb each morning. Next, I worked on finding the best pillows, and then finally this past weekend I added a cushioned (not memory foam) mattress cover.

This morning I woke to find the sheets in perfect condition, only folded over where I had slid beneath the covers. All pillows were still on the bed and my back and shoulders felt good...at last.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good rest! I am glad you found what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your quest has finally ended! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete