Thursday, March 23, 2023

All Smiles Today

I count today as a perfect day simply because I saw a smile from one student who seemed to hate every moment of my class this year.

Max and I have misunderstood each other all year long. Even though I make it a point to greet him and every other student at the door as they arrive I've barely received a quiet grunt in return.

Today we took notes on setting and reviewed sensory detail. Then we viewed a series of pictures so the students could practice the art using sensory details to describe the setting. My only directions were to "put yourself in the picture and describe what you see, hear, feel, smell, or taste."

Max volunteered to share his writing each and every time, and it was darn good. Yes, I saw the smile that's been hiding for so long. It made me wish class could go on a bit longer.


1 comment: