Sunday, March 5, 2023

Back To It

My alarm is set for 5:00 AM, and a second one, just in case, will sound off at 5:15. After five weeks of icing, elevating, and general healing it's time to get back to work.

This afternoon, the only anxiety I'm feeling is in regard to a good night's sleep. I'll tuck myself in early this evening in the hopes of falling asleep quickly and spending a restful, long time in a deep sleep.

One thing that I'm not worried about is teaching. My classes will be starting a unit on Fiction writing. Fortunately, it's a unit I've done for many years. Students usually enjoy watching Pixar shorts to apply their knowledge of a plot chart. I enjoy watching them as well. 

Spring Break is four weeks away. By that time I'm hopeful that my students will be working on their own fiction writing and that my knee will be much less swollen than it is today.

3 comments:

  1. You have a great attitude. Good luck going back to the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! It sounds like a good plan to start out with something you and the kids love.

    ReplyDelete