Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Back in Line

My first day back yesterday exhausted me. As soon as I got home I collapsed in the recliner with a bag of lime chips. Yes, there were healthier snacks in the house but ripping open that bag was about all I had the energy for. I was in bed by about 7:45.

I did the same thing this afternoon. In the door. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and head for the recliner. Fortunately, I stopped myself this time. Sure, I dished out a few chips and put them in a bowl. I even put my feet up for a few minutes, but then I pushed through my exhaustion and stood up. My back was killing me. The plan was to head to the gym and get on the bicycle. Certainly, some movement would wake me up a bit-but something else was more important first.

First, there would be a trip to the chiropractor.

Boy, do I appreciate the skills of my chiropractor. With nothing more than a quick check of my spine and a little conversation about my recent surgery she assessed the issues and then went about realigning things. Within 15 minutes I was out the door with a little more spring in my step and feeling ready to turn the pedals on the bike that was waiting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Getting to the gym on your second day back is an impressive feat!

    ReplyDelete