Sunday, March 12, 2023

Moving Forward

Yesterday I awoke with a plan to mitigate the body exhaustion that comes with the change to Daylight Saving Time. With my first cup of coffee in hand, I reset the kitchen clocks one hour ahead. That simple act allowed me to go through my day with my lost hour in the rearview mirror. The hope was that I could trick my brain into thinking it was later than it was at bedtime. 

Around 6 pm Kitchen Zone Time, my friend Robin arrived for our planned Harrison Ford movie marathon. A few weeks back we had been talking about the sweet scene in the movie Witness where he and Kelly McGillis dance and laugh to Wonderful World by Sam Cooke. I mentioned that I wanted to rewatch Raiders of the Lost Ark and a weekend event was planned.

We settled into our comfy spots with shrimp salad and potato chips enjoying both movies. However, if you're looking for a review I'd say that Witness holds up almost 40 years later- Raiders- not so much.

As the last credits rolled Robin asked, "What time is it anyway?"

"Well, that would depend," I started, "Do you want the time on my phone or the time in the kitchen?"

"Kitchen, please, " she replied with a smile.

It was 11:45, way past my bedtime.

I have no doubt that tomorrow morning will be quite unpleasant. Driving into work almost 45 minutes before sunrise certainly won't help with my sleepy Monday morning mood. I'll do my best to stay positive and perky. One way I can do that is to think about Harrison Ford, as John Book, milking cows on the Amish farm at 4:00 AM. He'd understand what it feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment