Friday, March 18, 2022

And Away We Go

The end of the workweek brings a tad of exhaustion mixed in with a heap of happiness. Knowing that I have approximately 60 hours of my own time stretched out in front of me feels good, real good.

It used to be that I would let Friday night be an evening of fun or relaxation. Whether I went out with friends or just stayed home in my PJs, Friday was never a night I concerned myself with household chores or daily exercise. Unfortunately, one evening of procrastination often led to another and Sunday became a day of dread. Instead of pacing myself through the weekend, I enjoyed hour after hour of me-time only to find Sunday filled with a list of items I needed to finish before I went to bed early that night.

Tonight, I walked in the door and headed upstairs to start laundry. Since I'm heading out of town in the morning I also put a few things aside to take pack up when I awake. Next, I laced up my shoes and headed out into the evening for a walk around the neighborhood.

The dishwasher is unloaded and dinner is cleaned up and even though it may sound like a busy Friday night I'm feeling pretty darn relaxed and ready to take on the rest of the weekend.

1 comment: