Monday, March 28, 2022

S.O.S

We have been able to put up with most of the inconveniences brought on by a two-year pandemic. I pivoted to home instruction and pivoted back to the classroom for hybrid teaching. I have bought masks, so many masks. Tiny hand sanitizers can be found in many coat pockets and purses, and I have done more than my share of wiping down surfaces. I've done my best to put my head down and get on with things just like my granny taught me.

Two others in the household are having a rough time with the latest inconvenience brought on by Covid, and they are not exactly being quiet about their feelings.

Alice and Edgar would like to know what is up with the cat food shortage? In particular, where in the heck is there Fancy Feast Grilled Tuna?

Cat owners can certainly attest to the finicky nature of most felines. Edgar is the king of finicky. One day Chopped Grill Pate tastes fine and the next day he thrusts his nose straight up in the air as he walks away from his fresh bowl of food. 

He has never, ever turned away from Grilled Tuna, and right now it is the one can I can not locate anywhere. I've tried Giant, Safeway, and the Teeter. The closest I've managed to find is Ocean Whitefish and Tuna Feast in Gravy. Each bowl has been met with mediocre enthusiasm, meaning it's just a few days before that gets snubbed as well.

Purina! Help!

4 comments:

  1. I'd highlight the words "mediocre enthusiasm" if this was a print book I was reading.
    I really like how this slice lets me see more stories hidden in plain sight.I love any glimpse into lives alongside cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I loved your humorous pivot! It was so welcomed and so well-done! Thank you for making me chuckle and I hope Edgar reunites with his beloved grilled tuna soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar should try chocolate chip cookies. They've been helping me through the tough times over the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete