Thursday, March 10, 2022

Ready

 It's been a minute since my black and rose gold Brook's Glycerin running shoes have hit the pavement with any kind of attitude. While this girl has been more of a walker than a runner for quite a few years now, I have enjoyed a solid walking habit since the beginning of the pandemic. That is until last month. Side-lined by shoulder surgery I haven't been out on the neighborhood sidewalks since February 8. I was feeling pretty healthy and ready to go after PT today, and with a little more daylight left,  I laced up my shoes and got moving. 

A lot can change in a month. I took in purple crocus, yellow daffodils, forsythia, and a few peeks at early-blooming redbuds. It seems so many trees, plants and flowers are ready to shed their bare winter selves and welcome some bright spring colors. 

Thank you, winter. I enjoyed that third week of winter break in January. I embraced some cold walks in December under bright blue skies. But right now? I'm ready for the beauty of spring. 

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot for lacing up your shoes and moving! Bring on spring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the optimism in this post. It is funny how we don't notice the day-to-day changes like we do the yearly ones. Yesterday I drove through a neighborhood I hadn't been in for years and I barely recognized the streets anymore. The houses had doubled in size and many of the old shabby business facades had received fancy facelifts.

    ReplyDelete