Friday, March 25, 2022

Weirdness

Something weird is going on. For the past three days, I've had very few kids ask to leave class for the bathroom. I probably shouldn't even say that out loud as just putting it out into the universe will no doubt jinx whatever good mojo is happening in 6th grade English right now.

Could it have something to do with the pocketful of Jolly Ranchers I have? Believe me, I know that's not exactly what the experts would suggest as a way to increase participation and engagement. 

I'll just leave you with this...Jolly Ranchers work...this week.



3 comments:

  1. How are you distributing these? I also give out Smarties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolly Ranchers are magic! Kids will do anything for a Jolly Rancher. We had a student selling them for a dollar a piece, until he got caught. The weird thing is the kids were paying a dollar for one little piece of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this thinking and revising of lessons, but all we need to do is make a trip to BJs. Thanks for the weekend plans!

    ReplyDelete