Monday, March 14, 2022

In Memory of Lolly

Lolly, it seems, was quite a dog. She was the kind of pooch that didn't spend much time with new toys. Even so, her family kept trying to give them to her. Apparently, she had a few special toys and that was just enough for her.

I learned about Lolly on my walk today. My route took a different turn onto Crestwood, and I'm so glad that it did. Thanks to that turn I learned all about Lolly and the special pup that she was. Her family had left a box of her gently used toys on their stoop, along with a note about their pup.

"In loving memory of our Sweet Lolly Pup, please allow your good dog to take a toy."

There was also a picture of Sweet Lolly looking sheepishly at the camera with her paw wrapped around a small yellow stuffie. Yes, she had the face of a very sweet pup. The kind of pup that a family would love and the kind of dog that would love them right back.

A sweet girl for sure. I'm glad I got to know about her today.

1 comment: