Monday, March 7, 2022

Things Are Looking Up

I've had a run of rough times lately. First, there was rotator cuff surgery, then there was me scratching up my car in the parking lot as I headed to Physical therapy, which was followed by a nasty sinus infection the day I returned to work. Finally, came the deterioration of mobility in my non-surgical shoulder that kept me on ice and Percocet all weekend.

At 7:30 this morning I was in the Orthopedic office to see what we could do to fix the shoulder issue. I was out the door about 20 minutes later with a nice steroid circulating around and healing my sad shoulder. With most of the rest of the day free,  I decided to spend time researching the costs of getting the needed bodywork done on the car.

It's been quite a few years since I've had to file a claim against my auto insurance so starting with the local office seemed to be the right step. Boy, am I glad I took that first step. The claims person informed me that I had an unclaimed reward so I won't have to pay any deductible to get the car fixed.

Having that piece of information made the next steps easy. I filed my claim, went in for an estimate, and set everything up to get a rental car while my car is in the shop. Unfortunately, the first available appointment for body work isn't until April 4, but I have no problem waiting that long for a free fix.

Here's hoping this is just the first of better things to come.


1 comment:

  1. Oh good, it sounds like you were overdue for some good news. I'm with you in your hope for many more good things to come.

    ReplyDelete