Saturday, March 12, 2022

Finally

It's been about a month since I've been given the gift of an unencumbered weekend. With the last blast of winter weather coming in on Saturday it seemed like a good time to reschedule social engagements. Fun times are much better in warmer weather.

Thanks to my two feline alarm clocks I was up early. I got plenty of early morning coffee time in and then got to work on the upstairs catastrophe that was created by piles of laundry, undusted furniture, and clean clothes in need of a proper putting away.

By eleven I was downstairs working on my taxes and going through a stack of mail that had been laying on the counter for the past two weeks.

The grocery store came later because with so much free time I refused to let the bone-chilling wind and snow keep me from taking care of business.

Oh Saturday, how I love you.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Glad you made the most of the bomb cyclone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you got out and about in the elements. I was supposed to run in the Four Courts 4 Miler. No thank you. The bills and laundry are piling up but I did run that vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your productivity is making me rethink my sleepy Saturday, but I'm with you 100%--socializing is a lot more fun in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taxes even. Wow! Seems you may have been a bit of a bomb cyclone yourself!

    ReplyDelete