Friday, March 11, 2022

Before

On this Friday two years ago I wrote about waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more as the county took its time considering how they would respond to the then-new Coronavirus. At noon on that Friday (March 13) it was announced schools would close until after Spring Break.

"Relief washed over me- I finally had an answer!"

How naive of me. I had one answer on that day. Since then there have been so many questions and answers. There have also been questions that were never, and may never be, answered.

When I see pictures from the field trip we took to Mount Vernon just three days before I wonder if we will ever return to that kind of school normalcy-another question that hopefully will get answered in time.

Waiting, so much waiting. Thankfully, if this pandemic has taught me anything, it's patience.

4 comments:

  1. Just three days before. How lucky that you fit that traditional moment in before the world changed indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find it stunning how our world seemingly stopped on dime two years ago. Yes, learning patience at this level has been one tough, especially for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are definitely better at living with uncertainty than we were 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That field trip was such a gift to us earlier that week. I remember it well. Such a strange anniversary that we celebrate!

    ReplyDelete